2020 World University Shooting Sport Championship News
April 3, 2020 | Prague, Czech Republic | WUC OC President Letter
2020 World University Shooting Sport Championship
I would like to inform you about the 2020 FISU WUC Shooting Sport Organising Committee Meeting, which took part on April 3, 2020. At the same time allow me to write you about the actual situation in the Czech Republic in the context of a COVID-19 virus and its effect to a real life and sport events organisation.
Situation in the Czech Republic since March 12, 2020:
- A state of emergency has been declared, until April 11, 2020.
- Kindergartens, high schools and the universities have been closed, until the end of June or July.
- Sport facilities were closed in to appeal.
- Shops were closed except for pharmacies and food stores.
- People must stay at home. They can commute only to work or to buy food or medicaments. Traveling is limited. Many companies, factories, hotels are closed as well.
- Czech borders were closed. The traveling abroad is forbidden now and in for foreigners.
CZECH SPORT FEDERATIONS – Some of them cancelled their sport events until the end of July, some of them until the end of August and some of the federations cancelled events until the end of this year.
CZECH SHOOTING FEDERATION cancelled all Czech shooting sport events to the end of July and all International events to the end of this year.
CZECH UNIVERSITY SPORTS ASSOCIATION cancelled all activities and events until the end of August. About other sport events will be decided later on.
The Organising Committee respects very serious situation in the Czech Republic and in the world as well. First of all, the OC takes care of the safety and health of the participants!
About the future period arrangement will be decided by the Czech Government meeting on April 11, 2020. The declaration should be announced on April 12. It is supposed that the state of emergency will be confirmed at least until the end of April. As you know, at present time it is very hard to predict a future progress.
The WUC Organising Committee STRONGLY recommends to WAIT to book the flight tickets for the participants at least until the end of April.
I am very sorry for this situation. A lot of work and energy was already spent by the CUSA and the OC with the preparations for this event. Thank you in advance for your understanding. I still hope to meet you in Pilsen despite all difficulties!
With best regards,
CUSA President and WUC OC President
Letter to download: