Reminder: EUG 2026 Bidding Seminar
We are a week away from the EUG2026 Bidding Seminar, explaining the bidding process for the European Universities Games 2026 (EUG2026).
The event will be held online on Wednesday, March 31, starting at 3pm Central European Time (CET).
Interested EUSA members may nominate delegation representatives who should do individual registrations (one person per email address) no later than March 30, 2021.
To recap, the bidding process for the 2026 Games is open from October 1, 2020, giving the opportunity to potential hosts to submit their letter of intention within a year’s time.
Bidding schedule and procedure:
– OCTOBER 1, 2020: Opening of the Bidding Procedure
– OCTOBER 1, 2020 – SEPTEMBER 30, 2021: Letter of Intention, Bidding Fee Payment
– OCTOBER 1, 2021 – DECEMBER 31, 2021: Working Meetings with Interested Cities
– FEBRUARY 15, 2022: Bidding Dossier Submission
– MARCH 1, 2022 – APRIL 30, 2022: Evaluation Visits to the Candidate Cities, Attribution of the Games, Signing of the Contract, Attribution Fee Payment
The programme for the 2026 edition of the European Universities Games should include the following sports:
– Compulsory (13) – men and women: Badminton, Basketball, 3×3 Basketball, Beach Handball, Beach-Volleyball, Football, Futsal, Handball, Karate, Rowing, Table Tennis, Tennis, Volleyball
– Optional (up to 9) – men and women: other sports in the European Universities Championships programme in the year of attribution (these are currently Chess, Golf, Judo, Kickboxing, Rugby 7s, Sports Climbing, Orienteering, Taekwondo, Water Polo)
More details will be presented at the Seminar.
– Seminar registration: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_NpsPtPurQo2VxucJfDD4UA